Saturday, March 5, 2011

The Free Market Death Panel

Who is the TMPG, and why should I care??? 



Zero Hedge
March 4, 2011
By Tyler Durden

The Treasury Market Practices Group (TMPG) is made up of various market participants (representing custodial banks, investment “banks”, hedge funds, etc.. ) and attended by Brian Sack and six other representatives of the Federal Bank of New York. This group is nothing more than the financial equivalent of a free market death panel. (Is this sensationalism? Maybe? Maybe not? …but no less than the GOP’s spin-“doctoring” of socialized healthcare!) First I will give the background of what the TMPG does. Next I will take you on a journey of how they are actively/inactively working on policing (or “policy-ing”) the financial system. (This journey will involve my real life interactions with their members and the results of their action/inaction.) Finally, I will flesh out what this means to you.  Read More