April 18. 2013
On Sean Hannity’s Fox News program Wednesday night, terror expert Steve Emerson cited sources saying Abdul Rahman Ali Alharbi, the Saudi national who was briefly named a “person of interest” in the Boston Marathon bombings, is being deported on Tuesday.
Thursday morning, Glenn Beck revealed on radio that TheBlaze was informed by sources that the Saudi national’s visa had been revoked and he was, in fact, going to be deported on “security and related grounds.”
Among other things, sources told TheBlaze that the Saudi national had ties to a well-connected Saudi family and that his deportation was set to be framed as a “voluntary” departure to be with his family.
A file, called an “event,” was started on him three days ago.
While discussing the issue on radio, TheBlaze’s Chief Content Officer Joel Cheatwood revealed that the government has had second thoughts on deporting Ali Alharbi.
Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano refused to answer questions on the subject when confronted by Rep. Jeff Duncan (R-SC) on Capitol Hill.
An ICE official refuted TheBlaze’s report, calling it “categorically false.”
A congressional source, however, says that the file on Alharbi was created, that he was “linked” in some way to the Boston bombings (although its unclear how), and that documents showing all this have been sent to Congress. Read More